Ahad, Disember 27, 2009

Natrah

Location: Istana Budaya.

Okay I admit I'm a lazy, lousy blogger. This is actually the entry on the local theater Natrah I watched a couple of weeks ago! I manage to write about Remy Ishak but wasn't able to pen down... (or should it be, type down?) my thoughts on the show.

By now, you should have known the facts that the show was a brilliant one. Despite the so-called tight budget, the controversy of the RM10,000 main cast, the fight drama in the changing room, the 4 days show extension over the normal practise of 1-day and the high potential of the show turns to a film. So, what else is there to talk about? Let me begin how the show captures my eye, my heart and my memory box (see how much the show touches me to remember the details!)

1. Who says Maya Karin too old to be the 13-year old Natrah? She proved them wrong. You can see how Maya Karin jumping excitedly and happily most of the time - just like a 13-year old child would behave. The fact that the real Natrah herself has the big-framed figure during her teen years so Maya Karin has pulled it off.

2. Although the dating part looked a little bit awkward with 22-year old man confranting a 13-year old girl, but I think both Maya and Remy displayed what a man and a girl their age would act. Mansor Adabi was a guy who falls in love, while Natrah found a man, a protector, a person she felt safe and secure with. It was cute when Natrah kept on talking about her playmate named Harun. Though Harun is just another 13-year old boy friend (not "boyfriend"), Mansor Adabi already showed a little jealousy!

3. It was very interesting to watch Mazin and Iqbal Taufik in action as the 'Mat Sallehs'. With their looks and their slangs, yeah, they were really in characters.

4. My favourite part would be the scene where Natrah and Che Aminah living Terengganu for Singapore. It's pretty amazing to watch a big boat with a big horn sound moved out from the stage!

5. And how else to minimise the heavy effect of the original copy? The Director Eirma Fatima injected the 'musical' element - the Bollywood style! I would personally think that it felt rather out of place. It shouldn't be there but it is not wrong either. It's theater, it's creativity and it's a live show- how else can we prove it is a LIVE show if not through a well choreographed movement of many, many talents. Acting, singing, dancing and a great teamwork all come together to celebrate art.

6. Notes from Remy Ishak:
a) As much as the family wanted to break contact between Natrah and Mansor Adabi, all letters from Masor Adabi, were kept hidden from Natrah except those received later by Natrah's new husband. The two men became friends.
b) All letters from Mansor Adabi became the national's archive material and kept in the Bergen op Zoom Citihall, Holland.

That's all I can think of. I have been summoned by the Mighty King Ammar (my son) and the Little Miss Princess Juwana (my daughter) for our Sunday family outing... (more like going out to buy dypers, milk and their monthly necessities!).

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan